Thursday, March 3, 2011

My weirdness

Ok so I've been described in many ways.  Old soul, 25 going on 60, grouchy old lady, "Only you", you name it.  I seem to have unually hobbies/likes ever since I was little.  In grade school I collected pencil shavings and now as an adult I collect card decks, I think I've reached 30 decks.  Anywho, I've seem to have found a new love...



I had to touch this one everytime I walked by...I just couldn't help it.
I really liked the color on this one.

    
This door reminded me of the the squareness of the federal period.   I don't know if that makes any sense.

Do you have a love or hobby?  If it's a quirky one, it will make me feel better!

5 comments:

  1. I love taking pictures of old buildings, I love the architecture. Also I have a problem taking pictures at weird angles instead of just a regular horizontal pix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love taking pictures of old buildings and especially the doors. The doors are so beautiful and the old wood feels like it could tell so many stories. The warmth and smooth texture of the wooden ones draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lisa n Javi: Hey as long is you don't chop any heads off it's all good! ha ha

    @ Brenda: You read my mind about the warth and texture of the doors especially the history/many stories those doors could tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doors too! Ireland has the best doors in the world! My wierd obsession is greeting cards. But like, funky ones, not hallmark ones. Really surprising off-beat ones. haha, its so weird, I know.

    :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eight year old daughter, Isabella, collects pencil shavings too! It drives me nuts because quite often she spills them and they make a huge mess. She says she likes the way all the colors look together.

    I saw this beautiful book once that was a collection of door photographs. It was just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete