Monday, March 14, 2011

La Tovara

If you go to the San Blas Area you have to take a trip to La Tovara.  If you ever wondered where the picture came from at the top of my blog, it is from a trip I took to La Tovara in '08.  Supposedly a movie was filmed at the location of those huts some time ago. What they were used for I have no idea but it made for a good picture.


As you journey through the mongroves in a small boat you see all kinds of equastrian life.  I filmed alot of the way through the boat trip so I have limited fotos of the animals we saw.  The boat ride cost about $10 USD per person, not too bad.


At the end of the boat ride, you get to a little cove and this where you get off for a little while and have a couple of drinks and take a swim. You may be wondering about alligators, rightfully so, the area where you can take a swim is gated off for your protection.



In this picture you can see everybody in the water, I really wanted to take a dip but wasn't prepared and sat instead and enjoyed my beer and had a nice lunch.


The building behind us is a little shop where you can buy trinkets and souvenirs.  You also have a chance to buy items before going on the boat trip at the dock.  I purchased a beautiful plate that my mom now has on display in her kitchen. 

I would put La Tovara at the top of a sight seeing list because it has so much to offer.

6 comments:

  1. Love all the photos. This definetly looks like a beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys make a cute couple. When I think about saying that, it is sorta funny. I mean what would a person say otherwise, "hey, you're pretty cute but that other person is butt ugly." "Or THAT is a real Mutt and Jeff photo". Ha. Anyway, you DO make a cute couple and that area looks pretty inviting.
    Maybe next fall as the weather is just now starting to heat up here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe, you are funny!!

    Trinidad, you will have to do a tour brochure for the area! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoe: Thank you! I agree with Contessa you are funny! The area IS very inviting between the months of November and April. The rest of the year is very very hot and frankly unless you can bear it I wouldn't recommend it.

    Contessa: Thanks, I've often thought of that myself because many travelers that I've met on the plane to Puerto Vallarta have never been out that far north and have no idea what's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa n Javi: Definitely worth a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love the picture on top of your blog...the beauty just stunned me.

    ReplyDelete