Monday, January 17, 2011

Packing already?



My flight leaves Jan. 29th and my room has seen better days.  I've finally confined all of my stuff to one little corner.  I know I know you must be thinking packing already? Well, I tend to start packing 2 weeks before take off because it gives me peace of mind.  The last time I waited till the last minute and it spelled disaster. 

I've done a little research about the baggage rules for United Airlines and it looks like the first suitcase is free and the second will cost me $30.  As long as I do not pass their 50lb max then I will not have to shell out anymore money.  I figure on my last trip to Nayarit I will try to drive down so that I can take all of my stuff without the hassle of airplane restrictions. 

So if you notice in the picture above you'll see a net that goes over your bed, yeah I don't think that will be going with me this time, there is no way I can cram that into a suitcase.  Guess I didn't think about that when I bought it.  Oh and I just can't stand to be without my Jane Austen books because I know  for sure I will have more time to re-read them.  On my last trip I finished an old western novel that I began on the plane ride there and finished on the flight to California. 

Today is my mother-in-laws birthday (FELIZ CUMPLEANOS DONA TONA!) and she has a full house, birria is on the menu and I am sure it will come out yummy. Wish I could be there but maybe next time.

I am all set, all I need are the days to go by a little faster. ..

4 comments:

  1. Getting excited about the big move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,

    Definitely excited. I am going down for the month of February and then again for the last time in June/July. These last two weeks are grueling! I miss my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just became a follower, having found you on Nancy's blog site. (Countdown to Mx) What an adventure you will have and I love the Nayarit area.(Stayed a week or so down there last year) We live full time in Mazatlan but love to move around. Zacatecas was one of my favorite cities. Where in the Bay Area do you live? I lived in Santa Cruz for 14 years. Looking forward to your new tales and blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Zoe,

    I replied to your message in my google email and realized that perhaps you did not receive it. Thank you for commenting as I love to read feedback from readers. I live in Concord which is about 35min from San Francisco. However, if you know the Bay Area you know that you always have to add another 1/2 hour to your commute because of all the traffic. I spent the 4th of July in Santa Cruz on the beach with my family and made it an all nighter it was awsome. I look forward to reading your comments take care :)

    ReplyDelete