Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rincon de Guayabitos, Nayarit

As I was going through my posts I noticed I had not mentioned Guayabitos!

Guayabitos is located between Playa Los Ayala and Las Varas Nayarit.  On my first visit to Nayarit, I didn't make it to Guayabitos.  My husband spoke of it often because when he was in the marines, he was stationed at Playa Los Ayala.  He would often go for a run on the beach early in the morning and said he would take me one day "para conocer" and take me he did.

Hotel Decameron in Guayabitos

In September 2010 he suprised me with a stay at hotel Decameron in Guayabitos.  We spent the last two days before I was to take my flight back home from Puerto Vallarta at this hotel.  Talk about bitter sweet!

 It was raining in September, but it was really hot and humid so when we would go for walks on the beach we had to have a little something to hydrate ourselves, even if it was an alcholic beverage!
You can tell which one's B's!
The bend around the beach that can be seen in the background leads to Playa Los Ayala.  We went up a steep path to the road and literally walked through a restaurant on the cliff.  The scene once you make it to the top is quite nice.




Let me just say we definitely got a workout.  As we walked along the beach we stopped at Restaurant Palapa Rosita, they didn't have the best food but the Michelada's were quite tasty! 


There was much to see and lots to do!  B played vollyball on the beach while I walked a bit. I snapped a photo of an older woman with what may have been her grandkids take a swim.  They all looked like they were having fun.


I had a great time, and would put this beach on a place to visit.  There are many coordinated activities put on by the hotel, dance shows, bike rides, bird walks and lots of food and free drinks!  It's nice to get away, while away, every once in a while.





8 comments:

  1. We have been to Rincon several times over the years in our RV. I like the town as well as La Penita. Many places to visit around there and much new activity happening at San Fransico from what I've read. We've even stayed in Lo de Marcos. However RIncon has the nicest beach but also during the winter months it is extremely busy and the beach can be crowded but I love the fresh caught fish sold right off the pangas as they dock. It is great for swimming. I think I just talked ourselves into a visit. How far is Rincon from your home? Would it be closer to stay in San Blas? I think we would leave the RV in Mazatlan and just come by car for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Contessa fresh fish is always a treat! I wouldn't take the RV either, car seems to be a better option. San Blas is definitely closer to both Mazatlan and me. I am 2 hrs south of Mazatlan and a little under 2 hrs north of Guayabitos. When you are over that way I look forward to meeting up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will certainly put the Hotel Decameron on my list of places to stay if I am ever down your way.....maybe I'll hitch a ride with Contessa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, sounds great! Would love to see you both. Just thought I would mention that Hotel Decameron can also be found in Bucerias, the town right before Puerto Vallarta heading South. It's a great place to go if you don't want to be in the midst of PV, the service at this Hotel is awsome. They have tons of pools, beach bars, restaurants, bikes, vollyball courts and activities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trinidad, are there any hotels/motels near your home?

    Mary, if we took the RV there would be tons of room, however if you don't mind a dog or two on your lap we will all be snug in the car!!!

    Actually Trinidad, you will also have to come and visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Contessa you are right, I will need to go and visit both of you especially since I am not familiar with the area.

    Unfortunately the only hotels/motels near me are in San Blas and Tepic which are a little ways away. Tepic seems further from me then San Blas.

    I am sure we can work something out when the time comes. I really do look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting, we'll defiantly have to plan a get together....at both homes, ours and yours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guayabitos is a really great option to visit.

    ReplyDelete