Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Las Islitas

Playa Las Islitas

So I just received a call from B, he said "I just wanted to let you know that we are all going to the beach and my phone might not get reception." Really? Ok have fun...I'm not jealous.

I hear it's heating up in Nayarit and trips to the beach are definitely in order.  When I was down in February we made it out to Las Islistas, a beach further South then San Blas.  The water is not as agressive for the kiddies and the beach is alot more friendly to us adults because we dont have to put up with the jejénes.


Nieces and Nephews having a blast!

It is a typical beach in Mexico, in that you have the usual vendors coming around and beach side service.



Those pescados are so delicious, as you can see my nephew got one all to himself!


My nephew Jóhan

It is a funny thing I think, because my husband has always lived around water, he doesn't care to be in it unless he is fishing.  He usually takes a dip, swim's around a bit and then gets back out.  The day we went it wasn't too hot and so us adults didn't have that "desire" to cool off as we would normally have.

So what did we do? Well you know those little "palapas" on the beach made out of the coconut tree leaves?


We seemed to make our way underneath one of those and took a snooze.


My mother-in-law Doña Toña and my step-son Beto

We had a vivid conversation going at first, you can tell B was trying to make his point ha ha



But eventually the nice ocean breeze got the best of him...


B taking a snooze

We had an awsome time, I mean when don't you have a good time at the beach?  I was totally unprepared because I hadn't left myself a pair of shorts or a swim suit to get in the water.  All of my summer wear was in California so I ended up having to wear boyshorts.  It worked out though because it wasn't that hot.  Had it been in the hot summer months I would not have been a happy camper.


My sister-in-law Martha and I
B's phone call made me remember our last visit to the playa and I thought I would share with you another one of Nayarit's beautiful beaches.  A plus about this beach is that at the entrance there are several panadarías (bakeries) where they sell all kinds of delicious panes. 

That afternoon as we left the beach we stocked up on pan for a late night snack back at home.  The kids loved it and devoured every piece!

I really wish I could be with the gang soaking up the sun, but all in due time....right?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, great post, I can feel the sun and sand and yummy pescado. Mucho comida para Johan! Typical Mexican family at the playa. I miss it. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im jealous too. I wish we lived closer to the playa. There are only few rivers around but they are not running, clean looking rivers so I try not to go around them because there will most likely be moscos around. Hope you get to be with the fam at the playa soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contessa: Lucky me in a couple of months. I am looking forward to it as I am sure you are to returning to Mazatlan. All in due time!

    Lisa n Javi: Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fish looked SO good; I love the grilled whole ones. Such a pretty little beach and so uncrowded. Better start bathing suit shopping since you will be getting there in the HEAT of summer and will need lots of water "dipping". "-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO Trinidad i am so glad i found your blog i will too be moving to nayarit pretty soon to be with my hubby he lives on the coast of nayarit close to las haciendas i will like to speak to you as i feel we have lots in common...bendiciones plebis1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete