Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Still Here!

After receiving a concerned email from a dear friend, I decided to write this post to let everybody know I am still alive and kickin'!

I have been a terrible blogger and do apologize. 

I have encountered a couple of obstacles to blogging.  One, my home computer is dying on me.  It is a fight to get my laptop booted up and am in the process of getting it replaced as I have had it for over 7 years and wouldn't mind seeing something new.  However I have yet to take the plunge at getting a new one.

Also, I have been working 7 days a week.  Crazy right? I know.  I figure that I don't have kids or a husband at home that need tending to and so I should be able to manage the schedule.  My last day of work is Sept. 30th and until then I will be working every day except for the Monday holiday in September.

I am on very good terms with my employers and we have a mutual care for one another.  I am on a mission to complete a project at work before I leave plus I don't mind the extra cash.  I will sometimes get online at work but most of the time my project takes me away from my office and thus away from my computer.

Don't give up on me as I should be getting a working laptop soon.  Also, I have recently found out that a new "cyber" has opened up in Nayarit where I will be moving.  So keeping the blog functioning shouldn't be too difficult even though I believe the connection is via satelite.  We'll see how that goes as I hear they are not very reliable.

Tootlz for now, I will be checking in soon!

9 comments:

  1. Hola Trini, I am so excited for you, the day is getting closer to finally make your move to Nayarit. I wish you the best in your journey y le mando muchas bendiciones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie. I haven't heard from you in a while, I hope all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going good for you. Wow you only have like 5 or 6 weeks left right? How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that all is well. The new laptop sounds like an important purchase...ASAP..please. We miss you and your stories. Any chance that your old laptop would be good enough for a school in your area to use somehow??? Good news re the internet close by. Don't leave without checking in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant a school in Mexico. At the moment I am trying to get some old used computers to bring down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, there she is. I have about 6 blogs on my desktop I check regularly, and I was ready to swim right past yours again and whaddya know, a brief update from you. Our move to Baja happens in two weeks, and your move to Nayarit soon after. Isn't adventure fun! Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice to know all is well, I am having a hard time keeping my blog updated as well. Thanks for taking the time,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa n Javi: Everything going accordingly I will leave the first week of October :) Very exciting!

    Contessa: That is very thoughtful of you. The schools in Mexico can use any help they can get with supplies. Mine will probably be salvagable but I have already donated it to a family member here in the states. Good luck with the computers for your town, I also plan on contributing in any way I can once I move down.

    Zoe: Wow that sounds great! Are you moving down indefinitely to Baja? What spurred the move?

    Mary: Yes my friend then you and I are both having a difficult time keeping up. I hope to have more time on my hands a working laptop soon. Hang in there yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, indefinitely. Kids live in San Diego, our rental is in AZ, wanted to be closer to the border for those reasons and we found a stupendous rental right on the sand and ocean for $600 including cable and water. We are really going to miss Mazatlan and all our friends here, but we also like adventure. Valle de Guadalupe, whale birthing in Scammons Lagoon...new things. Gulp!

    ReplyDelete