Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Surprise!"

The cousins and my Mom nealing at the bottom right

"Surprise!" was what I heard as I walked into the door of my aunt's house.

"No guys he's not here yet, it's just me" was my response.  Cousin Londa said "No this is for you!"

Tear.

As I stood there it all began to sink in that I wasn't actually there for my cousin's surprise birthday party but a surprise going away party for me. 

They got me good.

I was so emotional I needed a cocktail fast to simmer the nerves down.  My family began to give me hugs one by one, some I hadn't seen in a while so I was very glad they could make it.

The day before the party I told my mom I planned on making up little cards with all my new contact info so that I could pass them out at my cousin's surprise party.  She thought it was a good idea since the whole family was going to be there.  It is so funny how it all worked out that I had thought to make the contact cards and ended up passing them out at my own surprise party.

My family is awsome. 

I still haven't started packing but will get to it soon. 

Tootlz for now.

9 comments:

  1. How very nice, you have a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great surprise Trinida. Its very nice how all of your family supports you. Take Care Amiga :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! What a great surprise and What an awesome way to say goodbye to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A special celebration for a very special person :) You deserve it. How wonderful, another memory!

    You better send your contact info.....even if you just do it when you get there. We won't get to the Isla until Nov. 5th and probably won't get to see you till January or early February.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a feeling you won't have much trouble adapting. You will be too busy NOT being busy in the Anglo sense of the word. Busy with laughter, loving, kindness, neighbors, sharing a meal. knowing what it means to be "real". We have now been in Baja for 4 days.. love the house but getting in the car for every need will take some getting used to. Pictures later on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary & Angie & Lisa n Javi: Thank you!

    Contessa: Yes, will do. That time of year is pleasant in Nayarit, I'm looking forward to it.

    Zoe: Yes, I will be busy on my on pace and definitely enjoying those shared meals. If it is one thing I miss it's sitting down at the table to eat with the family.

    Glad to hear you've settled in to your new home in Baja. Getting in the car for everything can be a drag, but then again there are always trade-offs. I don't think I am linked to your facebook, will have to look for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hint: It's getting longer and longer between blogs. Whassup?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trinidad, please post and let us know how you are doing?

    ReplyDelete