Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back In the Swing of Things

Ok so I am back in the states and back in the swing of things.  I slept a total of 13 hrs last night and feel rejuvenated. 

I was feeling like I had been dragged through a mango orchard with bug repellant on, everything seemed to stick to me and weigh me down.  My last day in 5 de Mayo started Monday morning at 5am.  I had to wash a load of wet musty clothes before leaving or else they would have started growing roots. I then swept the house and did a light clean up so that I didn't leave it looking like there had been a rooster fight held inside the house.

After a little house clean up, I had a light breakfast which consisted of coffee and Emperador cookies.  I didn't want to risk taking in anything else as I fell ill 2 days before.  I then rushed a cold shower and literally threw everything into my suitcase as I didn't have much that I was taking back with me. 

The 2hr drive to Vallarta was somewhat painful as I have grown to be very delicate on car rides when I am not the "chofer."  Things started looking up as we arrived at my sister-in-law's house in Vallarta (about 5 min. from the airport).  She had buttered chicken with potatoes and jalepeño's in the oven.  When we arrived she threw on a pot of white rice with carrots and peas and made a limonada.  I had some good home cooking that reminded me of a meal my mother would have made and I knew would sit right with my stomach. 

After a quickee lunch I headed to the airport where B and I said our goodbyes and got on the plane to Phoenix AZ which didn't leave on time rather a half hour late.  Once at the Phoenix airport I got lost looking for my connecting flight, that airport makes San Francisco's airport look tiny.   Rushing to get to my connecting flight I had 20 minutes to spare before boarding time and I decided to scarf down to slices of Pizza because I was very hungry at this point.  After eating I went to the boarding area only to find out our plane was delayed an hour due to SFO weather.  An hour later our plane was delayed once again another 2 hours due to the weather.  Our flight which was scheduled to leave at 7:41pm and arrive at SFO at 9:36pm didn't leave until 11pm and arrived at SFO at 1:00am. 

During that long wait at the AZ airport I came across some interesting people...A man that passed gas while standing in front of me as we looked for our connecting flights on a tv screen, a woman that made a bar tender very angry as she complained about our delayed flight, and two older women at a pizza hut that talked about all the good looking "papasitos" that walked by the restaurant. 

Once at the airport my mom was waiting for me and I made it home, trekked up the stairs and went to bed for about 3hrs.  Needless to say I was very tired the next day at work and desperately needed those 13 hrs of sleep.

I always find it hard to post while down in Nayarit as I don't have convenient access to the internet but will bring everybody up to date shortly.  I will also get up to date myself with all of you on what's been going on while I've been gone.

When I get home today I hope to get unpacked and settled in for this last home stretch to the big move down south.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a long delay. I know they suck especially when you have to wait alone. And when you make people wait you see how ugly things can get. Cant wait to her about your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I miss Emperador cookies. I hate flight delays, as if travelling isn't stressful enough. Glad you are back and will look forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, it made ME tired just reading your blog! Flying used to be so enjoyable and a treat but now it is stressful, crowded, overbooked, and too many people who see how dressed DOWN they can get. Catch up on sleep and come back to us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa N Javi: Yes, waiting alone is not fun at all...you have no one to lean on so you can take a snooze. ;)

    Mary: Those cookies are so delicious with coffee!

    Zoe: Yeah stressful is right! When I got lost in the airport I ended up having to go through two security checkpoints where you have to take your shoes off and go through those full body machines. What a drag, I was not a happy camper :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home but not home. You now have a leg in each country. You must be back in the US grove now but I wonder if your head is further south. What is the next step?

    ReplyDelete