Thursday, June 15, 2017

Where's the SUN!?

What I thought wouldn't happen, happened.

Today is day 2 of travel to Tepic from my little pueblo near San Blas due to lack of sun, energy, and ultimately internet. 

A little brighter today, yesterday was even more overcast

Every year once the rainy season starts and we get those jungle like storms the electricity goes out and with it the internet. For me this becomes a problem because I work via internet and if I don't have it then I have to go where I can get access. 2 years ago I thought I could outsmart nature and purchased solar panels to provide electricity since we had blackouts often. Who'd a thought the sun wouldn't show it's face for 4 days? Well me I guess.

Since most if not all the little pueblos surrounding mine do not have internet, I have to travel to the nearest big city which happens to be the capital of the state, Tepic. It isn't that bad really but when you are a mom like me and leave behind a 4 year old, 3 grown men, and a mother-in-law to fend for themselves back home. it can get to be a hairy situation if you know what I mean.

Meanwhile I hope that the sun will grace us with it's presence once again so our solar battery will get recharged enough to provide electricity to the antennas up on the mountain. Looking on the brightside at least I get a small break from the humidity and heat back home.




Trinidad


No comments:

Post a Comment